As Nevada slowly comes to life under the first warm rays of the sun, and by noon reaches almost summer temperatures, the NAB evokes an exceptional business trip. The ideal time and place for a pleasant change from everyday office work! During the day, experience the latest trends in the media business at the trade show, and in the evening the breathtaking shows in the legendary leisure metropolis Las Vegas. Below are the most important tips and links to make your trip all-round ‘awesome’.
Your Quick NAB Primer
The NAB Show is the world’s largest media and entertainment event and the annual highlight of the media industry. More than 1,700 exhibitors present their products, as almost 100,000 visitors are expected from the 13th to 16th of April. The hottest new trends and technologies in the media industry are presented across more than 1,800 acres:
- the North Hall focuses on management and software systems
- the Central Hall houses the production, radio and audio areas
- in the Outdoor/mobile area mobile media and satellite technologies are primarily found
- the Upper-South Hall is concerned with distribution as well as online video
- the Lower-South Hall represents the post-production and display systems
- in the Meeting Rooms the NAB Congress and numerous Workshops await
Highlights this year are a Test Area for remote-controlled drones, the NMX-Lounge with social-media stars, the Future Park with laboratory projects and prototypes, the live StudioXperience and the start-up pavilion SPROCKIT. An important topic of the show is of course the Cloud, not only as a distribution channel (keyword non-linear mobile TV), but more and more for distributed production itself. The online collaboration via the Cloud is undoubtedly the next revolution after the top themes of the previous years – mobile, (U)HD and 3D.
CEITON Shows Off New Version 7.0
With CEITON, we already have the ultimate tool for optimized planning and collaboration in distributed or complex production processes. At our booth N4713 in the North hall we will be demonstrating many examples of how large and small customers use our system in order to work online together automatically and efficiently – without the usual mess of manual emails, spreadsheets, tools, copy & paste, meetings, callbacks and so on. All types of efficient workflows, from quoting and budgeting, by way of scheduling and performance, right through to the accounting of projects and employees, will be shown:
- Planning Workflows for Scheduling (Production, Distribution, Post-production, Marketing etc.)
- Workflows for Post-production (Edit, Graphics/3D, Subtitling, Translation etc.)
- Workflows for Distribution (DVD/BD, online, TV, Radio, mobile etc.)
- Tracking, Approval and Quality Check Workflows of all types
Since CEITON is a flexible platform and not traditional hard-coded software, all custom requirements can be optimally implemented with the system: from small automation workflows to enterprise-wide production workflows with integrated supply chains, customers and freelancers. You can read more about the current CEITON version 7, which will be presented at NAB: Highlights of CEITON Version 7.0.
Secure your $150 voucher for free entry before March 27th, by using our Guest Pass Code LV7288 on Registration.
Vegas at Night: the Hottest Tips
After the show, when it gets dark and the Strip shines bright with neon lights, Vegas really opens up. Here are some links to shows and events as an introduction to the glittering Metropolis in the middle of the Mojave Desert:
- Regular Attractions: O, Kà, Mystère, Love (Cirque du Soleil), David Copperfield, Blue Man Group, Jersey Boys
- Musicals/Concerts: Hitzville, Rock of Ages, Evil Dead, or concerts by Britney Spears and Lady Gaga
- New in town: One (Cirque du Soleil), Magician Jan Rouven, Watershow Le Rêve, Comedian and Ventriloquist Terry Fator
- Rides: Stratosphere, NYNY Rollercoaster, Waterslide through the Shark-Aquarium
- Shopping: Fashion Show Mall, Boulevard Mall, Jewellery Business Grand Central BLING Co., Zumanity Boutique, Fry’ Electronics
It’s definitely recommended to plan a few extra days, for example to see the 1 mile deep (!) Grand Canyon from the Skywalk or helicopter, to visit the 726 ft high Hoover Dam, to do a wild Rafting Tour in the Grand Canyon White Water, or to visit the Navajo Indian reservation. All that and the NAB Show make a trip to Las Vegas into a real experience – perhaps we’ll see each other there?
Arrange your individual demo appointment – at NAB, or at any other time with a callback:
We would be delighted to hear from you, all the best and have fun,